Permanent Makeup FAQS
Semi Permanent Makeup is a non surgical treatment and is also known as Permanent Makeup, Permanent Cosmetics or Micropigmentation. It is ideal for eyebrow loss through overplucking, alopecia or ageing.
Semi Permanent or Permanent Makeup is the art of implanting pigments into the upper dermal layer of the skin. At Dermaticians we use the latest advances in techniques, ‘state of the art’ equipment and non-toxic pigment ranges. The treatment is both safe and effective. The pigments will remain in the skin but will visually fade over time.
Jeni Watson’s work is featured in January 2011 Daily Telegraph:
The majority of women who wear make up spend on average 20 – 30 minutes on their daily make up routine – eyebrows taking the longest?
Semi permanent makeup is ideal for the following:
* Those who apply make up daily and find makeup smudges, disappears or melts?
*Those who suffered from alopecia, trauma or illness?
* Those with overplucked brows or brows lost/thinned through ageing.
* Those with allergies to conventional cosmetics?
* Those who regularly swim or exercise?
* Those who wear glasses and have difficulty applying makeup?
Eyelash Enhancement and Fine Eyeliner
Semi permanent makeup (SPMU) is ideal for restoring, defining or enhancing brows, eyes and lips.
Colour, volume and definition can be added to lips and often asymmetrical features can be corrected.
Fine hair-strokes can be inserted into sparse or missing eyebrows (alopecia), and eyelashes enhanced.
Upper and lower lid eyeliner can also be added to add definition to the eyes. Less is best! Often by recreating eyebrows or defining eyes and lips, clients find it very easy to apply additional conventional when it is called for.
How to obtain the Best Results from your treatment?
- Try to talk to your chosen practitioner.
-Have a detailed consultation to prevent misunderstandings and regrets.
– Ensure the practitioner is fully qualified, insured and registered with the Local Authority
– Always ask to see a personal portfolio of work carried out by your practitioner Styles and approach can vary enormously.
– Block Brows (solid brows) – we do not accept requests for block brows but prefer the natural hairstroke technique.
– client support. Ensure your practitioner will be available should you need advice after treatment.
- do not choose on the basis of price alone – it is your face after all!
One of the most important aspects of the procedure is the consultation process. We give plenty of time to our clients to discuss the treatment in depth, discuss shape, colour and the desired outcome. We allow 45 minutes for this. In our experience, this process cannot be hurried in order to get the best possible results. Further consultation time is also allowed during the top-up appointment in order to “fine tune” and complete the treatment.
A patch test is always carried out. Reactions are rare but it is recommended.
Colour Boosts or refreshers are recommended every 12 – 18 months and are normally ½ the current price.
We at DERMATICIANS pride ourselves on working under strict hygiene standards and all of us have undertaken the highest quality training which is continually being updated. We use medical grade (Class 2A certified) equipment available for the application of Semi Permanent Makeup. It is the machine of choice for the NHS and many private clinics/hospitals.
Dermaticians practitioners are all fully qualified, insured and have treated clients from all over the world. We only operate from inspected premises that are Health Care Commission approved or Local Authority Registered. (As Per Government Guidelines).
If you would like to know more about what we do or would like to make an appointment
Why not call us on 0844 870 0724 or click here to Email us