Semi/Permanent Eyebrow Makeup (Also known as Eyebrow Tattooing or Eyebrow Micropigmentation) - By Jeni Watson (RN, DipMicropigmentation),
Please Note - This website has extensive information on semi permanent treatments with Jeni Watson and includes images of her work. It must stressed, it may not reflect how treatments are carried out elsewhere.
Jeni’s work has featured in: The Daily Telegraph Online/Stella Magazine.
Semi permanent make up treatments can vary enormously from technician to technician, company to company. Artistic styles, time of appointments, facilities (should be strictly hygienic), quality of pigments and equipment, as well as degrees of training, skill and experience all contribute to the final outcome. Price is not the best way to choose a technician/company.
Research carefully. Treatments and prices for eyebrow tattooing can vary enormously around the UK. Heavily discounted treatments can mean no time is allowed for adequate skin numbing, consultation and design time. The price may not include a top up session 6 weeks later.
Left brows after hairstroke treatment
right brow before treatment after treatment
A complete semi permanent makeup eyebrow treatment with Jeni is made up of 2 appointments over 4 hours; a 1st session starting with a detailed 45 minute consultation in which a portfolio of work is shown. This is followed by re-design and ‘draw on’ time, and the practical part of the 1st appointment.
After 6 weeks the brows will have faded (up to 30%) and a top up treatment is carried out to strengthen the colour and shape if required. A ‘less is more’ approach is taken by Jeni initially to enable clients to adjust to their new brows as this can take some time in cases of complete eyebrow loss. It is always easier to add than take away!
”Block’ brows are not undertaken; a layered ‘hairstroke’ brow takes time to complete but it gives the most realistic effect. Cropped images of Jeni’s work are shown below with apologies for the varied lighting.
Semi Permanent Makeup is ideal for anyone suffering from hairloss through overplucking, alopecia, ageing or cancer treatment. It is also useful for those with conventional cosmetic allergies, have athletic lifestyles, or have difficulty applying make up (especially brows).
Above – a reconstruction of brow – a good re-design is crucial to get the best results
Jeni gives her clients a highly personalised ‘one to one’ experience. Face shapes vary enormously so one shape does not fit all.
before and after – right brow
Initially the results can look rather dark but any redness of the skin settles within hours of treatment. After a few days the skin will heal, flake and fade to reveal the ’settled’ colour.
re-shaped and defined brows to create more impact
Above – reconstruction for eyebrow loss. Dark blonde shades can be used but may not last as long over time
When eyebrows are restored using Semi Sermanent Makeup, eyes and facial fetures are ’lifted’.
An eyebrow can be’ re-constructed’ using both hair-stroke and subtle shading to provide a more textured, natural look. Using more than one colour is another way of introducing texture.
reconstruction for complete brow loss
(very fine brow requested)
For darker skin types, a full range of colours are available and more created by custom blending pigments.
Eyebrow Colour Refresh/Boost
If a client has previously had semi permanent makeup, the colour will need to be refreshed or corrected after 12 – 18 months as advised.
Permanent Makeup Corrections
Permanent Makeup Corrections of other technicians work are only undertaken after careful assessment and consideration. When Semi Permanent Makeup has been applied inappropriately elsewhere to correct the unwanted colour or ‘re-balance’ the shape.
images above and below show correction of colour and shape of old treatments initially carried out by other technicians
A complete re design of old treatment initially carried out by another company (eyeliner not created using Semi Permanent Makeup)
Some Tips on How to get the Best Results from your Treatment
- Reseach. Do plenty of it! This is a semi permanent/permanent treatment. Use the phone to get information direct if possible and don’t be afraid to ask plenty of questions.
- Ensure the chosen company/practitioner is fully qualified, insured and experienced. Also (ideally) registered with the Local Authority.
- A thorough pre-treatment consultation with a qualified practitioner should be offered as it can help avoid misunderstandings and regrets. It is a chance to meet the person who will be treating you and who can discuss it in detail. Jeni offers free 45 consultations. In the case of brow treatments, ask to have a design drawn on to indicate how you may look afterwards.
- Always ask to see a personal portfolio of work carried out by your practitioner. Artistic styles, treatments and approach can vary enormously from person to person. Ask for testimonials.
- Aftercare/Client Support. Another important part of the treatment. Verbal or written instructions on how to look after the treated area should be given together with aftercare products. Failure to follow this advice can result in disappointing results.
- Treatment support.You may have questions or concerns during or after the treatment. Jeni offers support to her clients throughout.
Please note: Images featured on this page are taken from Jeni’s personal portfolio. The photos are not enhanced or retouched in any way. Apologies for the inconsistency with lighting but each photo is of a client immediately post treatment.
(For testmonials please click http://www.dermaticians.co.uk/testimonials/)
If you would like to find out more about what Dermaticians can offer, or make an appointment, why not call us on 0330 330 9305 or click here to Email us